Who is hvb?
We are hvb.
hvb Innova AG is a consulting and development company for packaging based in Neunkirch SH. The company emerged from the sole proprietorship hvb Haist Verpackungsberatung, founded in 1980. hvb Innova AG advises and develops independently of manufacturers and without regard to packaging materials. Founder and director of hvb Innova AG is Henri Haist, whose packaging developments have won several packaging awards such as Swiss Star, Euro Star and World Star.
Henri Haist,Born in 1944 and raised in Blotzheim in Alsace, Henri Haist trained as a precision mechanic and toolmaker at the Collège d’Enseignement téchnique in Saint Louis and attended courses in freehand drawing and modelling at the then Kunstgewerbeschule (now Hochschule für Kunst und Gestaltung) in Basel. “I was always interested in process-oriented work and different materials,” Henri Haist looks back. After his training and military service in France, he worked in numerous companies in the apparatus engineering, machine and packaging manufacturing, cartonnage, printing/graphics and labelling systems sectors. In 1980 he founded the company hvb (Haist Verpackungsberatung), which was joined in 1992 by hvb Verpackungs AG to handle trading activities and hvb Innova AG for patent and licence marketing. The assessment of the demand for an independent, creative specialist consultancy in the field of packaging proved to be correct: as early as 1982 Henri Haist was able to establish himself on a larger scale with his hvb. He acquired a property in the Schaffhausen municipality of Neunkirch, which still today – after a successful renovation in 1994 – forms the company’s headquarters and houses the ideas and experimentation workshop, a showroom and the secretariat in prestigious premises.
Some impressive figures
- Worldstar 2021 ”Fresh fruits and Vegetables”
- Worldstar 2021 “Food”
- German Packaging Award 2021 for hvb HiPack Multifood Packaging Concept
- Swiss Star 2021 for hvb HiPack Multifood Packaging Concept Award of the Swiss Packaging Institute (SVI)
- Worldstar for Packaging, award of the World Packaging Organisation for OPS-Cap and PC-Cap.
- European Aluminium Foil Packaging Trophy for OPS-Cap and PC-Cap, awarded on the occasion of the European Packaging and Aluminium Foil Symposium in Geneva.
- Swiss Star, award of the Swiss Packaging Institute (SVI) for OPS-Cap and PC-Cap.
- Worldstar award for Ventcap Control System by the World Packaging Organisation, San Francisco, USA
- Certificate of Merit for Ventcap-Control-System Award by the Euopean Packaging Federation, Milano, Italy
- Swiss Star for Ventcap-Control-System Award of the Swiss Packaging Institute (SVI)
- Swiss Star for Stericap Award of the Swiss Packaging Institute (SVI)
Packaging system for goods with different heights. The adaptable height eliminates packaging empties and solves logistics and sales problems.
CFC-free powder spray can
The ban on CFCs as propellants has caused difficulties for powder spray cans. Thanks to a formulation developed by hvb, the pharmaceutical industry can now also do without CFC propellants in spray cans with powder contents for medical applications.
Ventilating aluminium safety cap with weakened top plate for still beverages, especially for hot filling of fruit and vegetable juices. Fully automatic leakage control integrated in the production process is possible by using the Ventcap Control System.
The Diago packaging fixes, protects and presents perfectly (top). The packaging of Betty Bossi desserts with integrated, fold-out spoon (bottom) shortens the path to enjoyment.
Packaging for fruit, meat and vegetables
The fruit floats – “highpac” is a packaging system designed for the transport as well as the presentation of ripe fruit and other delicate products.
hvb HiPack Hybrid Packaging System
Finally, cardboard trays can be closed easily and securely time and time again. With the hvb HiPack Hybrid Packaging System, a new type of closure construction ensures a solid and compact connection between the carton tray and the
R-PET lid. The sealing construction is unique in this form.